Domino, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: December 1, 1994


Font size: A / A reset

Domino is on Farm Road 3129 ten miles northeast of Atlanta in northeastern Cass County. It was established in the late nineteenth century as a flag stop on the Texas and Pacific Railway. In the mid-1930s the town had two churches and a number of houses. The construction of nearby Wright Patman Lake in the 1950s brought new growth. The community incorporated during the 1970s, and in 1990 had a population of 101. The population dropped to fifty-two in 2000. Many of the residents work in Atlanta or Queen City.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Domino, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 17, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/domino-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
December 1, 1994

Loading