Douglas Store, TX


By: Diana J. Kleiner

Type: General Entry

Published: December 1, 1994


Douglas Store was 0on Farm Road 1861 twelve miles southeast of Canton in extreme south central Van Zandt County. In 1936 the settlement had numerous scattered dwellings, a business, a church, and a cemetery. The Mahagony school, church, and cemetery across Farm Road l861 was within half a mile. By 1987 the cemetery and church remained, but the community had disappeared.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Diana J. Kleiner, “Douglas Store, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed July 07, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/douglas-store-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 1, 1994

Place
Douglas Store
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Van Zandt County