Dwire, TX


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: December 1, 1994


Dwire was on a country road four miles northwest of San Augustine in northwestern San Augustine County. A post office opened in the community in 1904, and by 1914 Dwire had three grocery stores. The post office closed in 1920, and the community was no longer shown on county highway maps by the 1930s.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Dwire, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 16, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/dwire-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
December 1, 1994

Place
Dwire
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • San Augustine County
Associated Names

Brooke