Earle, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: January 1, 1995


Earle was on the San Antonio, Uvalde and Gulf Railroad twelve miles south of downtown San Antonio in southern Bexar County. A post office operated at the site from 1887 to 1904. In 1890 Earle had a blacksmith, a general store, a butcher, and a doctor. By the 1930s the site was no longer shown on maps.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Earle, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/earle-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
January 1, 1995

Loading