The East End Historic District comprises fifty-two blocks between the central business district and the University of Texas Medical Branch in central Galveston. The district, bounded by Broadway, Market, Eleventh, and Nineteenth streets, features 463 historic houses from the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, some of them the work of the city's most noted architects, including Nicholas J. Clayton, Alfred Muller, and George E. Dickey. Architectural styles range from Greek Revival and Victorian eclectic to Colonial and Classical Revival. Among the most noteworthy structures in the district are the Smith-Chubb house (1859), the Gus Reymershoffer house (1887), the Bishop's Palace (1887–93), and Sacred Heart Church (1903; dome rebuilt 1915). The area was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975 and was declared a national historic landmark in 1976.