Edhube, TX


By: David Minor

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: January 1, 1995


Edhube is near Farm Road 1629 seven miles south of Bonham in central Fannin County. It was originally called Bentonville, for Edmond Hugh Benton, a Confederate veteran who arrived in the area in 1867. Later the name was changed because a homonymous post office already existed; the name Edhube is concocted from Benton's names. Settlement of the community apparently occurred during the middle to late 1880s. Between 1894 and 1906 a post office served the forty residents of Edhube. In the 1990s Edhube remained a community center for area farmers. It had a reported twenty-five residents in 1990 and again in 2000.

Fannin County Folks and Facts (Dallas: Taylor, 1977). Floy Crandall Hodge, A History of Fannin County (Hereford, Texas: Pioneer, 1966).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

David Minor, “Edhube, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/edhube-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
January 1, 1995

Place
Edhube
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1356824
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Fannin County
Associated Names

Bentonville

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.52649560°
  • Longitude: -96.21775620°
Population Counts
People Year
40 2009