Elam Springs, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: January 1, 1995


Elam Springs (Elam Spring), off Farm Road 1795 ten miles southwest of Gilmer in western Upshur County, was settled before 1900. By that year it had a school, which in 1906 had an enrollment of forty-nine black students. In the mid-1930s the community had a church and number of houses, and in the mid-1960s it had a church, a cemetery, and a few widely scattered houses. In 2000 the population was fifty.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Elam Springs, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/elam-springs-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

January 1, 1995

Loading