Elbert, TX (Polk County)


By: Robert Wooster

Type: General Entry

Published: 1976

Updated: January 1, 1995


Elbert was north of Dallardsville and about sixty miles northwest of Beaumont in extreme eastern Polk County. Elbert Harrison owned a store at the site. A post office, named Elbert in honor of the merchant, operated there from 1891 to 1896. The community was not shown on county highway maps for the early 1980s.

A Pictorial History of Polk County, Texas, 1846–1910 (Livingston, Texas: Polk County Bicentennial Commission, 1976; rev. ed. 1978).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Robert Wooster, “Elbert, TX (Polk County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 16, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/elbert-tx-polk-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1976
January 1, 1995

Place
Elbert
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Polk County