Elbert, TX (Throckmorton County)

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: January 1, 1995


Elbert, on State Highway 79 and Farm Road 1711 in eastern Throckmorton County, was established in the late nineteenth century to serve the needs of ranchers headquartered to the north on the Brazos River. By 1904 Elbert had a post office, and by 1915 it had thirty residents and a gin operated by W. F. Parsley. From 1940 until 1990 Elbert reported a population of 150. In 2000 the population was fifty-six.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Anonymous, “Elbert, TX (Throckmorton County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed November 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/elbert-tx-throckmorton-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
January 1, 1995

Loading