Elm, TX (Rains County)

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: January 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Elm, on Farm Road 514 seven miles northeast of Emory in northeastern Rains County, was first formed around the time of the Civil War. It had a school that had an enrollment of twenty-nine in 1904. In the mid-1930s the settlement had a school, a church, and a number of scattered dwellings. After World War II the school closed, and in the early 1990s only a church and cemetery remained at the site.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Elm, TX (Rains County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 18, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/elm-tx-rains-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

January 1, 1995

Loading