Ely, TX


By: David Minor

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: January 1, 1995


Ely is on Farm Road 898 some ten miles southwest of Bonham in southwestern Fannin County. The community was established sometime in the 1890s, and from 1895 to 1906 it had a post office. Ely's reported population has never exceeded fifty, and in 1990 the community reported a population of fifteen.

Fannin County Folks and Facts (Dallas: Taylor, 1977).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

David Minor, “Ely, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 20, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/ely-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
January 1, 1995

Place
Ely
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1379725
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Fannin County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.52288510°
  • Longitude: -96.31275910°