Enochs, TX


Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: January 1, 1995


Enochs is at the junction of State Highway 214 and Farm Road 54, three miles from the Cochran county line in southern Bailey County. It developed as a trading center beginning in the 1920s and reached a peak reported population of 250 in 1940, when it had five stores. In 1980 and 1990 its population was estimated at 164, and the town had several businesses and a post office. In 2000 the population was eighty with three businesses.

LaVonne McKillip, ed., Early Bailey County History (Muleshoe, Texas, 1978).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Anonymous, “Enochs, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed July 07, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/enochs-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
January 1, 1995

Place
Enochs
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1357035
Town Fields
  • Has post office: Yes
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Bailey County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.87314760°
  • Longitude: -102.75993490°
Population Counts
People Year
80 2009