Enon, also known as McPeek, is on Farm Road 852 six miles northwest of Gilmer in western Upshur County. The area was first settled in the late 1840s. The Enon Baptist Church, organized on May 13, 1848, was one of the earliest churches in the county. A school built across the road from the church began operating before 1900, and by 1906 there were two schools at Enon with a total enrollment of 203. A post office, named McPeek for one of the area's early settlers, opened there in 1903 but closed in 1905. In the mid-1930s the community had a number of scattered houses and a church, school, store, cemetery, and sawmill. After World War II many of Enon's residents moved away, and its school was consolidated with that of Harmony. By the mid-1960s only the church, the cemetery, and a few houses remained in the area. In 1990 Enon was a dispersed rural community served by a church and cemetery.