Equality, TX


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: January 1, 1995


Equality was sixteen miles northwest of Marshall in northwestern Harrison County. It had a post office that served both Marion and Harrison county residents from 1882 to 1900. In 1884 Equality had a population of forty-five, two churches, a district school, and two steam gristmills and cotton gins and had become a cotton-shipping point. By 1890 it had a sawmill and a general store and by 1896 Baptist, Methodist, and Disciples of Christ churches. The community was not listed on the state highway map of 1948.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Equality, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 20, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/equality-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

January 1, 1995

Place
Equality
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Harrison County