Erudia, TX

By: Laurie E. Jasinski

Type: General Entry

Published: January 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Erudia, ten miles west of McKinney in extreme western Collin County, was probably named by settler William Allen, after a character in his Erudia, the Foreign Missionary to Our World (1890). Erudia got a post office in 1895; in 1902 it was closed and mail was routed through Frisco. After the early 1900s Erudia disappeared from county maps.

J. Lee and Lillian J. Stambaugh, A History of Collin County (Austin: Texas State Historical Association, 1958).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Laurie E. Jasinski, “Erudia, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 17, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/erudia-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

January 1, 1995

Loading