Eudora, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: January 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Eudora was near Zavalla seventeen miles east of Lufkin in eastern Angelina County. The settlement was established sometime after the Civil War. A post office opened there in 1885, and by 1892 Eudora had a general store and a reported population of sixty. Its post office closed in 1903, and the mail was sent to Dunkin. In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.

Angelina County Historical Survey Committee, Land of the Little Angel: A History of Angelina County, Texas, ed. Bob Bowman (Lufkin, Texas: Lufkin Printing, 1976).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Eudora, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 18, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/eudora-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

January 1, 1995

Loading