Evans Point, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: January 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Evans Point was a railroad stop on the St. Louis Southwestern Railway twelve miles southeast of Sulphur Springs in southeastern Hopkins County. A post office opened there in 1887, and by 1890 the community had a population of fifty and a druggist, a grocer, a physician, a barber, a general store, and a blacksmith. In 1905 an Evans Point school had an enrollment of fifty. The community's post office closed in 1907. By the mid-1930s Evans Point no longer appeared on highway maps, and in 1948 no businesses remained.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Evans Point, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 18, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/evans-point-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
January 1, 1995

Loading