Fallon, TX


By: Stephanie A. Panus

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: January 1, 1995


Fallon, at the junction of Farm roads 39 and 1953, six miles northwest of Personville in eastern Limestone County, was established in the late 1870s when M. B. Cox opened a general store there. The community became a flag stop on the Texas and New Orleans Railroad in 1906, when the Mexia-Nelleva cutoff was built; the cutoff was discontinued in the 1930s. O. E. Williams opened a business at Fallon that became the community center in 1915. In 1933 Fallon had three businesses and fifty residents. By 1948 the community had one business and a number of scattered dwellings. Its population had dropped to forty by 1967, and the settlement was made part of the Mexia Independent School District in 1968. A 1983 map showed a church and cemetery at Prairie Grove, a mile southwest of Fallon, which was still listed as a community in 1990, though without census figures. In 2000 the population was 100.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Stephanie A. Panus, “Fallon, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 28, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/fallon-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
January 1, 1995

Place
Fallon
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1380850
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Limestone County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.58100380°
  • Longitude: -96.40636570°
Population Counts
People Year
100 2009