Farmers Academy is a small rural community located on County Road 1030 about three miles west of Mount Pleasant in south central Titus County. The settlement probably began by the early 1900s and was named by farmers who built a school in the area. Landowner W. A. (Bud) Williams sold two acres on February 4, 1918, to establish a cemetery. In 1932 the Farmers (or Farmer's) Academy school consisted of nine grades and four teachers. Highway maps in the 1930s showed farms, a hotel, school, church, and cemetery in the area, which was labeled Adora, another commonly used name for the community. By the early 1960s the Farmers Academy School District had consolidated with the Mount Pleasant Independent School District. By the end of the twentieth century Farmers Academy Cemetery was still used by area residents. In 2000 the community had a population of seventy-five.