Farmington, TX (La Salle County)


By: John Leffler

Type: General Entry

Published: January 1, 1995


Farmington, 2½ miles northwest of Artesia Wells in west central La Salle County, was one of many new settlements that grew up in the county during the early 1900s when irrigation opened additional land to farming. The community was established in 1909, and a post office operated there from 1910 to 1911. Farmington was still shown on county maps in 1948.

Annette Martin Ludeman, La Salle: La Salle County (Quanah, Texas: Nortex, 1975).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

John Leffler, “Farmington, TX (La Salle County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 27, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/farmington-tx-la-salle-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

January 1, 1995

Place
Farmington
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • La Salle County