Farnsworth, on State Highway 15 ten miles southwest of Perryton in west central Ochiltree County, was established in 1919 when the Panhandle and Santa Fe Railway arrived. Ranchers had begun settling this area in the early 1880s, and by 1900 had established a school and community called Olds. A post office was established at the site in 1905 and initially named Nogal, but in November 1906 the name was changed to Rogerstown. The present post office dates from 1920 and was named for H. W. Farnsworth, director of the railroad. Population estimates have fluctuated between a low of twenty, first recorded in 1925, and a high of 200 in 1949. In 1947 Farnsworth had five businesses, two churches, and two schools. In 1984 the community had six businesses and an estimated population of 149, which was still the population figure reported in 1990. In 2000 the population was 130.