Fasken, TX


By: Charles G. Davis

Type: General Entry

Published: 1976

Updated: January 1, 1995


Fasken, in east central Andrews County, was established in 1917 by the Midland Farms Company as a speculative enterprise. Since the site was on the newly built Midland and Northwestern Railway, it was hoped that substantial numbers of settlers would move there. The community soon had a depot, store, hotel, barbershop, school, and zoo, and many town lots were sold, but few buyers actually took up residence. In 1923 heavy rains destroyed much of the track, and the railroad was abandoned. Fasken rapidly declined and had completely vanished by the early 1930s.

Andrews County History, 1876–1978 (Andrews, Texas: Andrews County Heritage Committee, 1978). Ed Ellsworth Bartholomew, The Encyclopedia of Texas Ghost Towns (Fort Davis, Texas, 1982).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Charles G. Davis, “Fasken, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 27, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/fasken-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1976
January 1, 1995

Place
Fasken
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Andrews County