Felicia, TX


By: Robert Wooster

Type: General Entry

Published: January 1, 1995


Felicia, at the junction of U.S. Highway 90 and Farm Road 1009, in southeastern Liberty County thirty-eight miles west of Beaumont, was the center of a scattered rice and ranching community. It became a stop on the Texas and New Orleans Railroad during the 1890s. From 1916 to 1921 Felicia also had a post office. After that date mail was sent to Nome in Jefferson County. By 1986 only a grain elevator marked the former townsite.

Miriam Partlow, Liberty, Liberty County, and the Atascosito District (Austin: Pemberton, 1974).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Robert Wooster, “Felicia, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 20, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/felicia-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

January 1, 1995

Place
Felicia
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1378289
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Liberty County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 30.02410360°
  • Longitude: -94.50797080°