Finch, TX


By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: January 1, 1995


Finch, a farming community off Farm Road 1129 fourteen miles northeast of Corsicana in northern Navarro County, was established before 1900. By the early 1900s a school was in operation there, and in 1906 it had an enrollment of thirty-six. At its height in the mid-1930s Finch had four churches, two schools, a cemetery, and a number of houses. Many residents moved away after World War II, and by the mid-1960s only a school, two churches, a cemetery, and a few scattered houses remained at the site. In the early 1990s Finch was a dispersed rural community.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Finch, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed August 07, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/finch-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

January 1, 1995

Place
Finch
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1335798
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Navarro County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.28403500°
  • Longitude: -96.36692580°