Flowella, at the intersection of Farm Road 2191 and State Highway 285, four miles east of Falfurrias in northeastern Brooks County, was founded in 1909 by promoters Burton and Danforth. The community was planned so that at its center would be a flowing well. A post office operated there from 1910 until 1923, with R. M. Calahan as the first postmaster. In 1914 the estimated population of Flowella was sixty, and the town had a hotel and a general store. In 1948 there were several dwellings, a school, and paved roads at the site. In 1991, though no population estimates were available for Flowella, the settlement continued to exist as a dispersed rural community. In 2000 the population was 134.