Flugrath is a tiny rural community located on Farm Road 1888 along the Blanco River about six miles west of Blanco in southwestern Blanco County. Sometime before 1915 Gus Flugrath, a rock mason, built a cotton gin that he and his wife Laura operated for area farmers. Within a few years, Gus and his brother Albert built a grocery store. Flugraths Store was a popular gathering place, and a dance hall, built about 1935, hosted monthly dances for residents in the vicinity. The store remained in business for many years, and community residents honored the Flugraths on their fiftieth wedding anniversary in 1961. By the 1980s the store was closed, though the building was still standing. Flugrath still appeared on county highway maps in 2000, when the census reported a population of twenty.