Foncine is near Farm Road 720 five miles west of McKinney in west central Collin County. The community was named for Foncine Fisher, the daughter of R. C. Fisher, the owner of the community's gristmill, gin, grain elevator, and general store. The community was settled in the early 1890s and had a post office from 1895 to 1901, when the mail sent to McKinney. In 1900 Foncine had 100 residents, a blacksmith, a cotton gin, a general store, and an insurance agent. From 1940 to 1990 its population was reported as twenty.