Four Corners, sometimes known as Frog Hollow, was on a branch of the Middle Pease River at the intersection of two local roads two miles east of what is now Whiteflat in central Motley County. During the 1920s and 1930s the settlement was on a through road running north from Matador and had a filling station, a mercantile store, a general store, a gin, and an icehouse. However, because a low area near the community tended to flood after heavy rains, construction for what is now State Highway 70 bypassed Four Corners in 1934. One store and the gin remained active at the townsite until about 1946. By the early 1980s no evidence of the community was shown on county highway maps.