Franco, TX


By: David Minor

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: January 1, 1995


Franco was a railroad switch and loading station on the Weatherford, Mineral Wells and Northwestern Railway six miles northwest of Weatherford in central Parker County. The loading station was named for the Franco-Texan Land Company, which owned land in the area. In the early 1890s a small community developed there. It had a post office branch in 1892 and 1893. The community was apparently abandoned sometime in the early 1900s.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

David Minor, “Franco, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 16, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/franco-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
January 1, 1995

Place
Franco
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Parker County
Associated Names

Franko Switch

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.83734500°
  • Longitude: -97.92559400°