French, TX


By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: January 1, 1995


French, on Farm Road 667 some sixteen miles west of Corsicana in western Navarro County, was probably established in the 1880s. A post office may have operated there from 1888 to 1889. In the mid-1930s the community had a church, a cemetery, and a number of houses. The church was later disbanded, and by the mid-1960s only a cemetery and a few widely scattered houses were left in the area.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “French, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed August 17, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/french-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

January 1, 1995

Place
French
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Navarro County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.97362300°
  • Longitude: -96.68961000°