Friendship, TX (Freestone County)


By: Chris Cravens

Type: General Entry

Published: January 1, 1995


Friendship, on Rocky Branch Creek four miles southeast of Wortham in northwestern Freestone County, once consisted primarily of a church, a school, and the Rocky Hill cemetery nearby. In 1903 the community's school had twenty-two pupils. Friendship had a school, two cemeteries, and a number of scattered dwellings in the 1930s. During the early 1980s two churches, a cemetery, and a few dwellings were still in the area, but by 1989 only the Rocky Hill Church and two cemeteries remained there.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Chris Cravens, “Friendship, TX (Freestone County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 29, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/friendship-tx-freestone-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

January 1, 1995

Place
Friendship
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1357749
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Freestone County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.74488830°
  • Longitude: -96.39970100°