Friendship, TX (Milam County)


By: Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: January 1, 1995


Friendship is on Farm Road 1915 eight miles east of Davilla in western Milam County. W. T. Walker established a Methodist church at Friendship in 1872. Its congregation met in a log schoolhouse until 1884, when a church building was constructed on land donated by Edward Wesley Graham. The Friendship schools were consolidated with the Sharp school district in 1948. In 1988 the church and cemetery marked the Friendship community on county highway maps.

Milam County Heritage Preservation Society, Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, “Friendship, TX (Milam County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed August 13, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/friendship-tx-milam-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
January 1, 1995

Place
Friendship
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
2041455
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Milam County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 30.79546860°
  • Longitude: -97.20332750°