Fuchs, TX


By: Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: January 1, 1995


Fuchs, also called Fox, was a school and church community near Farm Road 1915 five miles north of Buckholts in northwestern Milam County. It was named for the Fuchs family, who moved to the area in 1898. The community school was consolidated with the Buckholts school district in 1941.

Milam County Heritage Preservation Society, Matchless Milam: History of Milam County (Dallas: Taylor, 1984).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, “Fuchs, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed July 03, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/fuchs-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
January 1, 1995

Place
Fuchs
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Milam County
Associated Names

Fox