Garvinsville, TX


By: Cecil Harper, Jr.

Type: General Entry

Published: January 1, 1995


Garvinsville was ten miles south of Clarksville in south central Red River County. In 1881 it consisted of a half dozen houses, a Grange hall, and two stores, one owned by W. T. Blisard and the other, a cooperative, owned by the Grange and managed by S. T. Arnold. Garvinsville is named on the 1905 General Land Office map of the county, but it was not shown on the 1936 county highway map.

Clarksville Standard, March 11, 1881.
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Cecil Harper, Jr., “Garvinsville, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 25, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/garvinsville-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

January 1, 1995

Place
Garvinsville
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Red River County
Associated Names

Cuthand

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.46761080°
  • Longitude: -95.05549740°