Gazelle, west of what is now Parnell in south central Hall County, was established as a post office on April 15, 1893, with Thomas P. Richerson as postmaster. It was named by Richerson for a friend who was a conductor on the Fort Worth and Denver City Railway. Mail was delivered to the area on the Estelline-Lazy F route. The Gazelle post office was discontinued in May 1902, reestablished in June 1903, and closed for the last time in September 1903. During his tenure of office Richerson moved to a new location near Hulver and took the post office with him, keeping it in his home. When his son Si came down with smallpox, patrons refused to come for their mail. Since no one would take over the office for fear of the disease, the Richersons were finally compelled to fumigate the fixtures and return them to the postal authorities in Washington.