Geneview, TX


By: Charles G. Davis

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: January 1, 1995


Geneview is on Farm Road 1263 twelve miles north of Aspermont in north central Stonewall County. A post office was established there in July 1923, with Gertie E. Massey as postmaster. Its name was selected from a list sent by the postal department. Early businesses at Geneview included a general store and a blacksmith shop. Although its post office was moved to Aspermont in August 1935, Geneview reported a population of fifty and two businesses as late as the mid-1940s. The 1980 county highway map showed a cemetery called Mount Olive near the Geneview townsite. In 2000 the population was six.

Arthur Hecht, comp., Postal History in the Texas Panhandle (Canyon, Texas: Panhandle-Plains Historical Society, 1960). A History of Stonewall County (Aspermont, Texas: Stonewall County Historical Commission, 1979).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Charles G. Davis, “Geneview, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 30, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/geneview-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
January 1, 1995

Place
Geneview
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
2034948
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Stonewall County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.31092560°
  • Longitude: -100.20260530°
Population Counts
People Year
3 2009