Gholson, TX (Lampasas County)

By: Claudia Hazlewood

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 29, 2019


Gholson, three miles south of Evant in northern Lampasas County, was formed in 1855, when Benjamin Franklin Gholson, a member of the Texas Rangers, established ranch headquarters there on Owl Creek. Community residents were engaged in stock raising and farming. Gholson was not shown on the 1939 county highway map.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Claudia Hazlewood, “Gholson, TX (Lampasas County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed December 03, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/gholson-tx-lampasas-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 29, 2019

Loading