Gilbreth, TX

By: Rachel Jenkins

Type: General Entry

Published: January 1, 1995


Gilbreth, also known as Oak Valley, was a widely dispersed community at the intersection of State Highway 154 and several country roads, two miles southeast of Yantis in northwestern Wood County. By 1905 it had a one-teacher school that served fifty students, and by 1932 the school had 124 students. Gilbreth is not shown on the 1988 county highway map, but the area church, known as Oak Valley, was still at the site.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Rachel Jenkins, “Gilbreth, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed January 20, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/gilbreth-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

January 1, 1995

Loading