Glen Cove, TX


By: Beatrice Grady Gay

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: January 1, 1995


Glen Cove, on Hords Creek and Farm Road 53 in west central Coleman County, was named for a rancher called Glen who drove cattle from Waco to the area for winter grazing. The town remained a small ranching center. In 1940 it had a church, three businesses, and seventy-five residents. By 1980 its population was reported as forty, and it continued to be reported at that level through 2000.

Leona Bruce, They Came in Peace to Coleman County (Fort Worth: Branch-Smith, 1970).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Beatrice Grady Gay, “Glen Cove, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed July 07, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/glen-cove-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
January 1, 1995

Place
Glen Cove
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1378361
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Coleman County
Associated Names

Cox's Store

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.86597890°
  • Longitude: -99.63757480°
Population Counts
People Year
40 2009