Good Neighbor, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: January 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Good Neighbor, on Farm Road 2285 a mile northwest of Sulphur Springs in south central Hopkins County, was established before 1900. By the early 1900s a public school was operating nearby, and in 1905 it had an enrollment of thirty-seven. In the mid-1930s Good Neighbor had a church, a cemetery, and a number of scattered houses. After World War II most of its residents moved away. The community's school was consolidated with the Sulphur Springs School District, and the church closed. By the early 1960s all that remained at the site was a community center and a few houses. In the late 1980s Good Neighbor was a dispersed rural community.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Good Neighbor, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 18, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/good-neighbor-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

January 1, 1995

Loading