Goodwill, TX (Washington County)

By: Laurie E. Jasinski

Type: General Entry

Published: December 9, 2005


Goodwill was located on Farm Road 1155 about fourteen miles northeast of Brenham in eastern Washington County. This rural community probably began in the mid-1900s and centered on Goodwill School. A Baptist church was also in the area. No population figures were available. The school closed sometime in the second half of the twentieth century. By 2000 scattered homes and the church were still in the area, but Goodwill was no longer shown on county highway maps.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Laurie E. Jasinski, “Goodwill, TX (Washington County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 25, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/goodwill-tx-washington-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 9, 2005

Loading