Grange Hall, TX (Upshur County)

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: January 1, 1995


Grange Hall, five miles north of Gilmer off the St. Louis Southwestern Railway in central Upshur County, was established after the Civil War. A post office operated there from 1875 to 1881. In the early 1880s the settlement had a general store, a cotton gin and mill, and a number of houses; in 1882 the reported population was twenty-four. By the mid-1880s the community was no longer shown on maps.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Grange Hall, TX (Upshur County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/grange-hall-tx-upshur-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

January 1, 1995

Loading