Grant, TX (Marion County)


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: January 1, 1995


Grant was on the East Line and Red River Railroad thirteen miles northwest of Jefferson in northwestern Marion County. A post office opened there in 1890, and in 1892 the community had a shingle and saw mill, the East Line lumber company, a gin and lath mill, and an estimated population of 200. B. F. Brown was the Grant postmaster. The community's post office closed in 1893. Grant seems to have disappeared soon thereafter.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Grant, TX (Marion County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/grant-tx-marion-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

January 1, 1995

Place
Grant
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Marion County
Associated Names

Orr's

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.83811500°
  • Longitude: -94.51896000°