Greenville, TX (Gregg County)

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: January 1, 1995


Greenville, a farming community two miles west of Easton in extreme southeastern Gregg County, was probably established around 1900. In the mid-1930s the community had a number of houses and a school, church, and store. After World War II its school closed, and many of Greenville's residents moved away. In the early 1990s only a few scattered dwellings remained in the area.

Eugene W. McWhorter, Traditions of the Land: The History of Gregg County (Longview, Texas: Gregg County Historical Foundation, 1989).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Greenville, TX (Gregg County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/greenville-tx-gregg-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

January 1, 1995

Loading