Hall Community, TX


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: January 1, 1995


Hall Community is on State Highway 49 four miles northeast of Jefferson in eastern Marion County. Cemetery records indicate that the area was settled as early as 1857, and the Logan family and Wesley York were among those living in the community in the mid-1800s and later. In 1938 Hall Community had a two-room schoolhouse serving forty-two elementary students and one teacher. In the 1960s the community consisted of a school, a church, and several dwellings, and in 1983 Hall Community had a school, a church, and a community center.

"Cemetery Records of York Cemetery," Records of East Texas, July 1968. Jack Reed Harvey, Survey and Proposed Reorganization of the Marion County Schools (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1940).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Hall Community, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/hall-community-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

January 1, 1995

Place
Hall
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1378404
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Marion County
Associated Names

-Community

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.81902730°
  • Longitude: -94.32880290°