Halsey, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: January 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Halsey, on State Highway 31 four miles east of Corsicana in southeastern Navarro County, was established before 1900 as a stop on the St. Louis Southwestern Railway. During the mid-1930s Halsey had a depot, a church, and a number of houses. After the railroad's passenger service was discontinued, the community's population dwindled, and by the mid-1960s Halsey was no longer shown on maps.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Halsey, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 18, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/halsey-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

January 1, 1995

Loading