Haltom City, TX


By: Brian Hart

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: January 1, 1995


Haltom City is on U.S. Highway 377 four miles northeast of Fort Worth in central Tarrant County. It was established around World War II. By the late 1940s Haltom City had a population of 200 and two businesses. Ten years later 5,760 persons lived in the town, which had incorporated, and by the middle 1960s its population had soared to 32,100. In 1976 Haltom City had a population of 29,400 and thirty-five factories producing goods including sheet-metal products, clothing, plastics, and fiberglass. In 1990 it had a population of 31,856 and sixty manufacturing plants. In 2000 the population was 39,018.

Places:
  • Communities
  • Dallas/Fort Worth Region
  • North Texas

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Brian Hart, “Haltom City, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed August 17, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/haltom-city-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
January 1, 1995

This entry belongs to the following Handbook Special Projects:


Place
Haltom City
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
2410691
Town Fields
  • Has post office: Yes
  • Is Incorporated: Yes
Belongs to
  • Tarrant County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.81766640°
  • Longitude: -97.27074900°
Population Counts
People Year
5,760 1950
23,133 1960
28,127 1970
29,014 1980
32,856 1990
39,018 2000
42,409 2010
42,985 2019