Hampton, TX (Nacogdoches County)

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: January 1, 1995


Hampton, eight miles southeast of Nacogdoches in southeastern Nacogdoches County, originated as a flag stop on the Nacogdoches and Southeastern Railroad just after 1900. During the 1930s the community had a depot and a number of houses; several stores and a gin were also in the area. Hampton's population in 1940 was fifty. After World War II most of its residents moved away, and in the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Hampton, TX (Nacogdoches County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/hampton-tx-nacogdoches-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
January 1, 1995

Loading