Hanson, TX


By: D. R. Taylor

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: January 1, 1995


Hanson is on the Southern Pacific line and U.S. Highway 84, three miles west of Joaquin in northeastern Shelby County. It was founded about 1905 and named for a local family. At one time it was a switch station on the railroad. In 1946 Hanson had a store and a few residences. Although the name was not labeled, the 1988 county highway map showed two businesses at the site.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

D. R. Taylor, “Hanson, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 27, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/hanson-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
January 1, 1995

Place
Hanson
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Shelby County
Associated Names

-Mill

Sarat