Harmony, 7½ miles north of Helena on Farm Road 627 in Karnes County, developed around the Harmony Baptist Church, which was founded on the west bank of Ecleto Creek in 1875. A Woodmen of the World's lodge was held on the second floor of the church. School was held in the church before a New Harmony School, which operated in the 1920s, was built a mile away near Rhymes Creek. The 1983 county highway map showed a cemetery at the Harmony site. In 1990 the Harmony Baptist Church continued to operate, and elections were held in the building for community residents.
Support Texas History Now
Join TSHA to support quality Texas history programs and receive exclusive benefits.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.
Robert H. Thonhoff, “Harmony, TX (Karnes County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed January 22, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/harmony-tx-karnes-county.
Published by the Texas State Historical Association.